Use a proven combination of learning principles and exercises to make learning medical terminology easier . Now in its 7th Edition, MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS simplifies the process of memorizing complex medical terminology by focusing on the important word parts — the common prefixes, suffixes and root words — to provide a foundation for learning hundreds of medical terms. Organized by body systems, the chapters begin with an overview of the terminology related to the body’s structures and functions, then proceed through diseases and disorders, and in spite of everything diagnostic procedures and treatments. This helps students master the necessary language to describe how the human body works, what goes incorrect with it, and how we treat it. Every chapter engages learners with the See and Say pronunciation system, interactive exercises, real life medical scenarios and critical thinking exercises. An up to date art program includes illustrations that reflect the latest terms and procedures, and multi-cultural /multi-generational photos that as it should be portray today’s medical world. Built-in multimedia is included with the text on the StudyWare CD-ROM. This resource is packed full of activities that engage student with games, quizzes, animations, and an audio glossary -in the long run helping students study , prepare for exams, and achieve success .
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- New section. A new section on complementary and alternative therapies reflects the changing role of holistic health care in our society.
- Real-life records. Inspired by instructor feedback, new SOAP notes have been added to each chapter, together with a list of appropriate questions for instructor use.
- Convenient references. Along with the Word Parts and Abbreviations appendices, the Glossary of Pathology and Procedures has been reinstated to the 7th Edition, at the same time as a new online Spanish-English glossary supports the text’s multicultural perspectives.
- Realistic new artwork. More than 200 new pieces of print art and illustrations reflect the latest terms and procedures, including new multi-cultural and multi-generational photos, for an accurate portrayal of today’s medical world.
- Compatible software. The accompanying StudyWare™ CD-Rom, complete with professionally recorded vocabulary lists and definitions, is now both PC and Mac compatible and available online–making access to this indispensible tool easy and hassle-free.
- Updated terms. Extensively revised to bring all terms, definitions, procedures, illustrations, and data current, at the same time as a new section on alternative therapies helps readers be aware the changing role of holistic healthcare in society.
- The comprehensive Medical Terminology review includes study tips, practice exercises, and a simulated final test to help learners prepare for the final examination.
- Additional tools included to fortify instructors teaching a simplified syllabus.
- Removable flash cards test memory and increase knowledge.
- Download the table of contents, preface, and other information [PDF].
- Download Chapter 1, “Introduction to Medical Terminology” [PDF].
- Download sample exercises from Chapter 2, “The Human Body in Health and Disease” [PDF].